+ Reply to Thread

Default Pex pipe squeaking

I recently remodeled my home and added new baseboard heating (I have a mixture of copper and pex). In some of the tighter areas my plumber and I placed the pex . Know when the pex cools and heats it squeaks against the holes we drilled throughout the house. Is there any easy fix to this problem? (It can get pretty loud when we are trying to sleep).

Default Re: Pex pipe squeaking

If you have access to the tubing and the holes maybe try foam pipe insulation. Cut some small pieces to wrap over the pex where it goes into the holes to isolatate the pex from rubbing the wood.

bunny ears. just ask the plumbing supply for them or suspension clamps. they are little plastic thigs that look like mickey mouse.

I actually donít have access to the pipes, already dry walled. I did place the bunny ears on all the areas that could fit. I do remember not being able to place the bunny ears pretty much where the squeaking is happening. Any other suggestions before I have to rip the walls apart? Thanks for the help.

Exclamation Re: Pex pipe squeaking

Brother, I can see no one else is going to tell you this buuuuut you have to get to the squeak to make it not squeak. Remember this valuable lesson grasshopper.