+ Reply to Thread

Cool Lawn Mower Pull Cord

I have a John Deere self-propelled lawn mower. My pull cord is shredding and I would like to replace it. I am sure it isn't rocket science and I am sure there are experts out there who have done it before. I would rather play it safe before attempting to replace it so I don't make a mistake. Can anyone provide me with tips and/or instructions on how to do this? Thanks in advance for any and all help you can provide me.cpd2591@aol.com

Default Re: Lawn Mower Pull Cord

Usually, replacing the pull cord isn't that big a deal. I would recommend starting with Google to find an owners manual for your mower or go to JD and get one directly from them.

I've replaced a few cords in my time and the primary concern and danger is the recoil spring. It is easiest to pull the cord out to full extension, then clamp the reel so that it cannot retract. From there you remove the old cord and install the new. Make sure that you dissect the knots so that the replacement cord is properly secured to the spool. A couple of square knots isn't going to cut it, they will slip out.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by paretoslaw View Post
    Do not get it......... Can the jersey's be woven into pull cords?
    No, but spam can.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Get this moron off the forum