+ Reply to Thread

Threaded View

Default Basement Laundry room - drain overhead quandry

After searching the boards fairly extensively I have been unable to find any answers to my issue. Either I am the only person who doesn't get this OR the only fool that actually has a upstairs laundry that wants to move it to the basement

I am annexing the laundry room on the first floor of a 1924 Bungalow to create a Master Bath which it lacks. I have everything I need (power, gas, hot/cold water) in the basement however the drain is overhead ~ 6 or 7 feet. I know that there are sump pumps in a box that are designed for this task and can economically get the gray water to the drain however my issue comes from the fact that the drain I have access to (4" PVC) actually is on the opposite side of the house from the stack and roof vent (with crawl space between the two). The only items on this line are the Kitchen sink which has one of those "burp" valves on it after the trap to keep the suction from pulling the water out. The rest of the bathrooms wye into this line further down under the house towards the front.

The sumps in a box have a line for a vent but I am unsure exactly how i would vent this. Obviously running a new roof vent over this area is the last thing I want to do. Any wise suggestions or different solutions?

Thanks.
    Last edited by Bridgemark72; 02-11-2008 at 06:27 PM. Reason: Addition of info