+ Reply to Thread

Default spraying ceilings and walls different colours

I have recently bought a low pressure spray station which I have used to paint rooms one colour to great effect. Does anyone know a good way of painting the ceilings one colour and the walls another. Is there a special masking product or process.

Default Re: spraying ceilings and walls different colours

I would spray the ceiling first and ley dry.Then would spray the walls using a sprayshield.It takes way to long to tape off the whole ceiling and you risk pulling the paint off with the tape.I have done it this way knowing that the crown moulding would cover any imperfections.Do you plan on installing any trimwork?

you can roll it. but I would install crown molding it helps hide the wavy ceiling joints especially if you use darker colors. if you add it then prepaint the crown then install and touch up.

if you are not going to install crown then run a caulk bead around the ceiling and wall joint it helps to smooth out the lines

I would paint the walls first, let it dry for at least 48 hours, then get some cheap plastic drop clothes and some painter tape and cover the walls with the drop cloths taped at the top. Then do the ceiling. The cheap plastic drop cloths are usually 9 X 12 and run just over $1 each. It shouldn't take over hour to cover all the walls. Get at least 2" painters tape.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb