+ Reply to Thread

Default Stainless Steel Appliances

Cleaning Stainless steel appliances without leaving "streaks". What is the secret? What cleaner does anyone recommend and what type of cloth to use to prevent the streaking. any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Default Re: Stainless Steel Appliances

"Cerama Bryte" Stainless Steel Cleaning Polish and Conditioner.

If you use any type of oil, use mineral oil.

Sheila Shine works well.

I use WD-40...

That's cheap and work like charm all the time

Smile Re: Stainless Steel Appliances

I have been using baby oil (smells better than mineral oil) and an old cotton hand towel for 8 years now - got this tip from a Sears Salesman - this what they use in the showroom where I shop.

NEVER NEVER use cooking oil - it gets rancid just like it does if you leave it out - and it will get sticky over time.

All my SS appliances look like new. It only needs renewing once a month and in between finger prints wipe off with a paper towel. Also always wipe with the grain if there is one. It does take a little longer the very first time you do it.

I totally understand, I have a stainless steel, fridge, microwave, stove, and trash can. Sprayaway has a stainless steel cleaner on wipes. I found them at World Market. You wipe the surface with the wipe and then wipe it with a soft wash cloth until it polishes dry. I only use it about once a month. It makes it very easy to clean and keep up. On my weekly cleaning, I just take a dish rag with soap and water, wipe the surface down, and then using a soft dish cloth again wipe until it drys.

Best of luck

Allison