+ Reply to Thread

Default Piping noise when washing machine is being used

In Dec we had to change the rubber hose that lets water go through to the washing machine broke and we bought a metal hose so we can continue to use the machine. Now the piping near the washing machine makes noises like its moving when water is going through the metal hose into the machine. Will our water pipes break after it does that so many times?

We are still looking to get a washing machine, but may not get it that fast.

Default Re: Piping noise when washing machine is being used

A good sturdy rubber hose will absorb more vibration than a steel hose, thus minimize the shaking.

This is especially true of COILED rubber/plastic hoses, that are often sold for this specific purpose; a wide diameter 3/4" or 1" hose may also help.

Washing machines have a solonoid valve to control the on/off water into the washer; these will always cause a certain amount of vibration.
    Last edited by JacktheShack; 02-08-2008 at 05:48 PM.

We bought the metal hose because the store didnt sell the rubber hose for our washing machine.

But the shaking sounded like the pipes were shaking. I think the vibrations were so strong that it shakes the pipes.

I hope i dont have to repair the pipes because the washing machine metal hose keeps causing these loud noises.

The piping in the boiler room shakes when the washing machine makes the loud noise and send vibrations to the pipes.

Someone did put a piece of wooden thing above the ceiling near the pipes to make sure that the pipes wont shake. But there are internal pipes that i hope isnt going to break because of the shakings.

We bought the metal hose because the store didnt sell the rubber hose for our washing machine.
    The rubber hoses for washing machines are pretty well standard and universal to any washer. They should be available pretty much anywhere.

If you don't feel comfortable with the noisey pipes with the hose you have now then maybe you should try and find a rubber hose. This way it will be similar to the way it was before.

I guess i should either get a rubber hose now, or hurry and get a washing machine now....

Thanks you...

I always replace the hoses when I replace the washing machine.

try this put this on both lines at the hose connections it will take a few fittings but the hammer will be reduced a lot.
    watts 150A hammer arrestor
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Watts-150A-Water-Hammer-Arr.gif 
Views:	77 
Size:	11.7 KB 
ID:	723  

You could install an expansion tank at the water heater on the cold water side. Or mechanical hammer arrestors on the hot and cold washing maching supplies. sjust remember mechanical means you have to replace it now and then. cost wise GET THE RUBBER HOSES.