+ Reply to Thread
    Unregistered Guest

Default Antique Pocket Door Adjustment

100 Year Old Pocket Door Is Dragging. One Side Is Working Well, Need Advice And Images Of Hardware. Walls Are Plastered And I Dont Tear It Apart. Please Help!

Default Re: Antique Pocket Door Adjustment

Usually the door has rollers on the top that ride in a track. If you look up into the opening at the top you will see the hardware and there should be a screw in the hardware that you use to adjust the hight of the door. It will be on top of the door close to the edge on each side.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

I have a pocket door between my living room and bedroom. The door has come off the runners, and recently in trying to fix this myself, I have ended up knocking the wheels\runner from the door to the space between the two walls.

Got any suggestions of how to delicately remove some of the trim or whatever to get the wheel? or can I get another set somewhere?

I have attached a picture of the door.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pocket door2.jpg 
Views:	239 
Size:	12.8 KB 
ID:	105

Thanks.

Jim

Pocket doors are removeable. The frame goes in before plaster/drywall, but the door is installed & trimmed out afterwards.

Remove the door stops. You should then be able to disengage the rollers from the top of the door & remove the door. Fish out the roller from inside the wall, reinsert it into the top track, & reverse the process to reinstall the door.
    HTH

Dave