+ Reply to Thread

Default Pex expander tool

I am trying to find the PEX expander tool Rich used on a recent show I watched. He was at HD talking about different plumbing pipe options. He used a hand expander tool for some pex flexible pipe, which he then flipped over to pull the collar up over the pipe and fitting. I have tried to find that tool ****** but have failed so far. Thanks for any help. It was not the crimping tool. It is a pex-manual-expanding tool. Thanks again. wb

Default Re: Pex expander tool

This is what you are looking for. I don't know where you can buy it however.

http://www.rehau-na.com/construction...ng/tools.shtml

Eric

I would try a plumbing supply store. Sometimes you may be able to search plumbing supplies on the internet as well. Like www.plumbingsupplies.com

You can try this site: www.pexsupply.com

Wink Re: Pex expander tool

The rehau tool and method is very expensive. I kinda like the wirsbo/ uponor tool and method myself for its sipmlicity. Their tool is around $360 retail comes eqipped to do 1/2" , 3/4", and 1". I may be low. And, I've seen Rich T. make some sloppy, nasty, sorry looking joints that held just fine. I think he did it on purpose to test the product .The rehau tool has to be WWWAAAAAAAYYY more. It has two functions for pity's sake. and there fittings are brass only. Well water not recommended.