+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Default 'ceiling' Paint?

I need to paint my basement and found a couple of gallons of white paint in the 'oops' color section of my favorite store. It wasn't until I got it home that I noticed the label read 'CEILING' paint. What is the difference between wall and ceiling paint if it's all acrylic latex?

Default Re: 'ceiling' Paint?

I recently saw this explanation on www.dutchboy.com ...

"Ceiling paints are a special category of interior paints. They have an ultra-flat sheen that helps hide imperfections, deflect and diffuse light throughout a room, and eliminate harsh shadows. Their normally bright white color helps a room look larger and brighter. Quality ceiling paints are formulated to be more spatter resistant, making the paint job easier and neater."

Smile Re: 'ceiling' Paint?

Thank you for the info! Sounds like just what I need to brighten up those dingy cinder-block walls. Of course if there was ANY moisture at all I'd spend the extra money for a water-blocking paint, but we are blessed with a nice, dry basement (the first dry basement I've ever had!) that already has a solid, but ugly coat of paint. Looks like I'll be busy this weekend...