+ Reply to Thread

Default Extremely low water pressure from showerhead - Moen faucet

I had a plumber rough in new CPVC piping and a single handle tub/shower faucet (Moen L2357). He left pipe stubs for the tub spout and showerhead. Both were capped off during the drywalling and tub surround process. Recently, I completed the attaching of the tub spout, handle and showerhead. When I turned on the faucet, the water pressure for both temperatures was fine from the tub spout. However, when I pulled the lever for the shower it takes quite awhile for even the trickle to start coming out of the showerhead (with any temperature).

I gather that something is clogged somewhere, but where? I checked and the showerhead itself is not clogged.

Short of busting a hole in the wall and replacing the faucet and/or piping, does anyone have any suggestions on how I can open up the pathway to the showerhead?

Default Re: Extremely low water pressure from showerhead - Moen faucet

Take off the face plate trim. Close the stops. Pull the cartrige. Remove the shower head. Blow through the shower riser and see if any trash comes out. Might be worth a shot. Could be a wad of solvent causing a blockage. I hate CPVC. Makes me cry to put it in. And it looks just hideous.