+ Reply to Thread

Default 3/4 inch plywood vs 11/16 inch plywood

All of the project patterns I have from Norm's New Yankee workshop call for 3/4 inch plywood. I am unable to find this at Lowe's or Home Depot. They only have 11/16 plywood. I can special order at both places with buyer paying a special order fee plus shipping, which is not within my budget. I am trying to build his new router table using 11/16 plywood and this throws every piece 1/16 inch off. Do you have a solution other than the special order?

Default Re: 3/4 inch plywood vs 11/16 inch plywood

Quote Originally Posted by killie View Post
    All of the project patterns I have from Norm's New Yankee workshop call for 3/4 inch plywood. I am unable to find this at Lowe's or Home Depot. They only have 11/16 plywood. I can special order at both places with buyer paying a special order fee plus shipping, which is not within my budget. I am trying to build his new router table using 11/16 plywood and this throws every piece 1/16 inch off. Do you have a solution other than the special order?
    3/4" ply is actually about 23/32" and has been for quite some time (quite often it is labeled as such). You simply cut the dados at 23/32" to avoid noticible gaps.

Haven't ever had difficulty acquiring 3/4 cabinet or furniture grade (7-ply or 9-ply finished smooth two sides) 3/4" 4x8' sheets from either big box.

A quick check of Lowes site indicates 12271, 12273, 82826, 16422, and 41769 are readily available with no extra charges although a few days wait for the next stock truck might be required.

If its the router table top you could always laminate top with formica or melamine should make up your difference.