I just installed new countertops and an undermount sink. As a result I now have an air gap that sits on top of the counter rather than on the sink (had a drop in before). When i run the dishwasher I now have water coming out of the air gap and on to the countertop. I have read multiple threads about this issue but wanted to see i anyone had any new ideas. Here are some important details.
- I don't recall if water came out of the air gap with the prior sink and air gap since it was part of the sink and wasn't noticeable (never stood there to watch the full cycle)
- The air gap, garbage disposal (yes i knocked out the plug) and the disposal line are all new and there are no blockages or kinks in the line.
- I have watched water run from the disposal line into the disposer and then down the drain unimpeded.
- With the disposer line disconnect from the disposer water still comes out the air gap.
- I have read a number of threads that talk about too much pressure from the dishwasher pump and about running a high loop instead of using the air gap (CA code say i have to have a air gap).
Any thoughts? Anything i am missing?