+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Leaking Air Gap

Default Leaking Air Gap

I just installed new countertops and an undermount sink. As a result I now have an air gap that sits on top of the counter rather than on the sink (had a drop in before). When i run the dishwasher I now have water coming out of the air gap and on to the countertop. I have read multiple threads about this issue but wanted to see i anyone had any new ideas. Here are some important details.

- I don't recall if water came out of the air gap with the prior sink and air gap since it was part of the sink and wasn't noticeable (never stood there to watch the full cycle)
    - The air gap, garbage disposal (yes i knocked out the plug) and the disposal line are all new and there are no blockages or kinks in the line.
    - I have watched water run from the disposal line into the disposer and then down the drain unimpeded.
    - With the disposer line disconnect from the disposer water still comes out the air gap.
    - I have read a number of threads that talk about too much pressure from the dishwasher pump and about running a high loop instead of using the air gap (CA code say i have to have a air gap).

Any thoughts? Anything i am missing?

Default Re: Leaking Air Gap

I'm sorry, but what exactly do you mean by an air gap that sits on top of the counter?: A picture perhaps?
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Default Re: Leaking Air Gap

Make sure you didn't install the air gap backward. See if you can get one with a larger outlet if there is a volume issue. You may have to go back to a drop in rimmed sink. ouch. Very frustrating for you. CA is way over the top for health stuff. air gaps are so old. But no safer crossconnection is avaliable.