+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Default Re: Remove 4" parallel section of tile for plate

Quote Originally Posted by JLMCDANIEL View Post
    My wife would kill me if I used hers for such a utilitarian purpose.
    Jack
    What she doesn't know, won't hurt you.

I've been married for over 46 years and I'm afraid she can read me like a book.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

I've been married for over 46 years and I'm afraid ...
    You could have ended your statement there and probably been correct!!!!

I've been married for over 46 years and I'm afraid she can read me like a book.
    Jack
    Damn! you're like a kid with chocolate on your face denying that you've been into the candy jar!

Quote Originally Posted by bp21901 View Post
    You could have ended your statement there and probably been correct!!!!

I learned a long time ago that there are only 2 rules to having a lasting marriage.
    Rule # 1
    The Man is the king of the castle, and as such has the last word!

Jack

Oh, and
    Rule #2
    The last word must be "Yes,dear".

Jack

When we got married,, my wife said that she would gladly let me make all the big decisions....

and she would tell me when there is a big decision to be made so that I could make it....

you know that in all the years we've been married we have never had a big decision come up!!!!!!!

Sir,
    You came here seeking advice on something you apparently didn't learn in Philosophy 101,102,103. Havanagranite offered his opinion and supplied a web site showing the item he referenced. You summarily dismissed his advice because some other site was selling head cleaning tape and DVD's and implied that it was unsafe to use electric water cooled tools even though they have been and are currently commonly in use. Ending such a snide post with "Thanks" is not being polite.
    Many of us provide links to web sites in which we have no financial interests just as a reference or a site we have personally dealt with. This is not self promotion or ego building.
    Your inability to understand what I posted and your stooping to insults and name calling shows that it is you who suffers from immaturity, arrogance, and a bruised ego.
    Jack
    You obviously are in serious need of watching some boxing or ultimate fighting. I hope you have cable or satellite.

Enjoy!

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by YukYuk View Post
    It shows, huh?

Take care yourself.
    Thanks to all that know what unconditional help is. For any that care about the outcome, let me know and I'll post it for you.

I'm probably going with my original idea because I have no spare tiles. If I screw it up I'll have to try and color match and buy more tiles.

I believe that using a fine diamond saw and going slow will assure positive results with greater probability.

And no it's not about a new tool (I'm buying bottom of the line.) But I do believe that they're not a bad investment for future possibilities if for no other reason than ebay(then what you lost becomes a rental fee with no time limit.)

Again, thanks to all you humble souls.

Peace to all,

Joe

Hey Joe, don't be too hard on some folks around here. We're still a little gun shy from a former member who used to berate everyone for their own benefit. I'm certain that it was just a misunderstanding earlier, no ill will was intended. Once you get to know the group you'll find most of us are quite jovial in our interactions and can even offer some sage advice to boot.

You bet your sweet patootie we want to hear back on how your project goes. It's always nice to know what was ultimately decided and how it worked out, as well as the overall progress of the project.

And if you need to borrow a Rainbow vacuum, Jack has one he can lend you ...