Quote Originally Posted by JosephBrian View Post
You're a diplomat A.Spruce, and I thank you for it.
Like I said, I've been around the block a few times when it comes to forums, I'm even a moderator on a few. Most of the folks around here are great people, havana and Jack included. It just takes a bit of time to get to know everyone. Thank you for the compliment.

I believe that a wall stacked on a 3.5" wide layer of tile and mortar would be precarious, not very professional.
There ya go, now we understand. I was thinking the same thing canuk was (see how easy it is to blame him? ) about the head room. Head room refers to YOUR head and it's clearance with the ceiling, it isn't something that one would associate with a wall because a wall is a wall, it doesn't care how tall it is.

Since this is my house and I tend to be a perfectionist, I try and consider all the options and their ramifications. Ease is never a consideration! While I consider function over form, I do consider aesthetics, though it's last.
Bastid! there's your problem! I kid you, of course. It's refreshing to see and hear someone wanting to do things properly. We all have tales of horror at some of the things we've found on jobsites.