+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Remove 4" parallel section of tile for plate

Quote Originally Posted by A. Spruce View Post
    And don't forget the pictures, we're suckers for pictures.
    ............ Yeah.............Can't wait for the pictures........................

Quote Originally Posted by YukYuk View Post
    A 1/4" drill bit should work just fine. I'm always for the k.i.s.s. method myself, its so much easier.

With the Mrs. auditing the statements and in full charge regarding the seasonal Evac, and the statistical likelihood that she'll outlast me, i've learned to travel light and follow directions with a smile
    I haven't heard the K.I.S.S. method mentioned since my last senior chief mentioned it daily at my final duty station. Oh yeah, and the two s's definitely apply to me.

After reading this message is would seem you're familiar with the US DOD as well.

Take care,

Joe

The best way to collect this type of dust without clogging your vacuum filter, that a 5 gal. plastic bucket with top half filled with water, cut a hole on one side of the top insert a 2" piece of PVC pipe down to about 1" from the bottom and seal around the pipe, on the other side of the top cut another hole and insert a piece of 2" PVC pipe so it 's just below the inside of the top and seal around it. Hook a pick-up hose on the PVC that goes below the water and the vac to the other PVC. The air and refuse is drawn through the water which retains all the dust.
    Jack
    PS, I believe you over-reacted to havanagranite's post as he was pointing out that the supplier in question supplies industrial accounts and he knows that because of his back ground. I know many educated idiots with collage degrees and because you're 136 is less than mine that doesn't impress me either. I have learned far more from "the trades" than I ever did in collage. I also know that part of the NEC is influenced by the Mfg. Assoc. Members who push to have their patented inventions included in the NEC or who push for new standards to sell more products, whether it is a good idea or not. The same goes for most national standards, unfortunately.
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by JLMCDANIEL View Post
    PS, I believe you over-reacted to havanagranite's post as he was pointing out that the supplier in question supplies industrial accounts and he knows that because of his back ground. I know many educated idiots with collage degrees and because you're 136 is less than mine that doesn't impress me either. I have learned far more from "the trades" than I ever did in collage. I also know that part of the NEC is influenced by the Mfg. Assoc. Members who push to have their patented inventions included in the NEC or who push for new standards to sell more products, whether it is a good idea or not. The same goes for most national standards, unfortunately.
    An excellent post, Jack

thankyou guys. I didn't add any additional post because of not wanting to inflame

I believe you over-reacted to havanagranite's post as he was pointing out that the supplier in question supplies industrial accounts and he knows that because of his back ground. I know many educated idiots with collage degrees and because you're 136 is less than mine that doesn't impress me either. I have learned far more from "the trades" than I ever did in collage. I also know that part of the NEC is influenced by the Mfg. Assoc. Members who push to have their patented inventions included in the NEC or who push for new standards to sell more products, whether it is a good idea or not. The same goes for most national standards, unfortunately.

Did you respond to help me, him or yourself?

Joe

P.S. Go watch a sports channel!
    Last edited by JosephBrian; 02-07-2008 at 07:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JosephBrian View Post
    You young Un's(mentally) kill me. You missed it entirely, So I'll clue you in, while some are here for help, and some to help, others are here for selfish reasons (plug their business, build up their self esteem, etc.) and all you have to do is read their posts to tell who's who. I wasn't trying to impress Mr Granite I was pointing out how ridiculous it is. But of course what really got to me was him saying I wasn't courteous, so I made it so.

Did you respond to help me, him or yourself?

Later,

Joe
    Sir,
    You came here seeking advice on something you apparently didn't learn in Philosophy 101,102,103. Havanagranite offered his opinion and supplied a web site showing the item he referenced. You summarily dismissed his advice because some other site was selling head cleaning tape and DVD's and implied that it was unsafe to use electric water cooled tools even though they have been and are currently commonly in use. Ending such a snide post with "Thanks" is not being polite.
    Many of us provide links to web sites in which we have no financial interests just as a reference or a site we have personally dealt with. This is not self promotion or ego building.
    Your inability to understand what I posted and your stooping to insults and name calling shows that it is you who suffers from immaturity, arrogance, and a bruised ego.
    Jack

The best way to collect this type of dust without clogging your vacuum filter, that a 5 gal. plastic bucket with top half filled with water, cut a hole on one side of the top insert a 2" piece of PVC pipe down to about 1" from the bottom and seal around the pipe, on the other side of the top cut another hole and insert a piece of 2" PVC pipe so it 's just below the inside of the top and seal around it. Hook a pick-up hose on the PVC that goes below the water and the vac to the other PVC. The air and refuse is drawn through the water which retains all the dust.
    Jack
    Good Grief Jack,
    There you go introducing WATER around something electrical like a shop vac. Don't you know you are inviting a disaster?!?!?!?!?!

I would expound further regarding my college education and masters degree and my IQ to try to humiliate and impress you, however modesty prevents me!!!! I would keep typing on and on about myself, however I am late for my Mensa meeting and they can't start without me.

THANK YOU

Quote Originally Posted by titleist View Post
    Good Grief Jack,
    There you go introducing WATER around something electrical like a shop vac. Don't you know you are inviting a disaster?!?!?!?!?!

I would expound further regarding my college education and masters degree and my IQ to try to humiliate and impress you, however modesty prevents me!!!! I would keep typing on and on about myself, however I am late for my Mensa meeting and they can't start without me.

THANK YOU
    Dat's way funny, Dude. I'll see ya at da meetin.
    Jack
    Last edited by JLMCDANIEL; 02-07-2008 at 08:19 PM. Reason: mis speld ya

Quote Originally Posted by YukYuk View Post
    If you can get your hands on a working, used rainbow vacuum, they work pretty well at containing the dust, you do have to change the water and rinse the resevoir frequently when you're collecting thinset and concrete dust.
    My wife would kill me if I used hers for such a utilitarian purpose.
    Jack