+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My 1st home

Threaded View

Default Re: My 1st home

Thank you all. You have given me food for thought. I am addicted to all the shows trying to learn as much as I can - what to do and what not to do. This old house and holmes on homes are my favorites.
    To Thaxman - I see your point of view. I was thinking that the master suite was way out of my budget for now since I have to get windows done. The third floor consists of two rooms and a walk in closet. I want to reconfigure the space to add a bathroom and reuse as much of the original trim as possible. I found a local architect that specializes in old homes to talk to but I haven't made an appointment yet. The space is liveable. I added more pics. The bathroom is the most expensive thing to be done I would think.

To reenieandrod: i've started interviewing window companies. I have 17 windows to replace ,repair or restore. So far no wood rot just a lot of broken sashes and glass. I've temporarily put up shrink to fit plastic. It's a brick exterior so no siding except under the bay window there is a small apron of cedar shingles. What was your biggest challenge during your renovation? Anything I should definitely not do?

Thanks again.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3rdflrhall.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	9.7 KB 
ID:	780   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3rdflrfrt.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	9.2 KB 
ID:	781   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3rdflrrear.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	9.8 KB 
ID:	782   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3rdflrcloset.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	7.8 KB 
ID:	783