+ Reply to Thread

Thread: mitering

Question mitering

mitering quarter inch round for corners

quarter inch round coming into quarter inch round.

Default Re: mitering

And your question is?
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

You put the trim in the saw in the same orientation that it will be installed. If you're dealing with a square corner with intersecting 1/4 round, then a standard 45* cut will do the job, adjusting the cut angle slightly for any variance in the corner angle.

If you're transitioning a vertical molding into a horizontal molding, then the cut is only minorly different, in that you'll have to figure out how to position the trim in the saw to get the miter in the correct orientation. It will help if you set the molding into the corner and mark the face with a pencil to indicate the angle of the cut and positioning in the saw. The pencil mark is merely for reference, it is not a cut line or angle marking.
    Example: Set the molding on the floor and but it into the corner. Set your pencil at the top edge where it meets the corner and draw a line away from the corner down the face to the bottom edge of the trim. Again, this is only a reference line to show you how it needs to sit in the saw and the direction of the miter, it does not need to be drawn completely from top to bottom on the face of the trim.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by A. Spruce View Post
    You put the trim in the saw in the same orientation that it will be installed. If you're dealing with a square corner with intersecting 1/4 round, then a standard 45* cut will do the job, adjusting the cut angle slightly for any variance in the corner angle.

If you're transitioning a vertical molding into a horizontal molding, then the cut is only minorly different, in that you'll have to figure out how to position the trim in the saw to get the miter in the correct orientation. It will help if you set the molding into the corner and mark the face with a pencil to indicate the angle of the cut and positioning in the saw. The pencil mark is merely for reference, it is not a cut line or angle marking.
    Example: Set the molding on the floor and but it into the corner. Set your pencil at the top edge where it meets the corner and draw a line away from the corner down the face to the bottom edge of the trim. Again, this is only a reference line to show you how it needs to sit in the saw and the direction of the miter, it does not need to be drawn completely from top to bottom on the face of the trim.
    Please provide a video..............

Quote Originally Posted by NEC View Post
    Please provide a video..............
    I'll do it if you're offering your camera and expertise.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Deal....... as long as I have one 120volt recept in the coop.

That's fine, but we'll have to temporarily terminate incoming power to the house and upgrade the service so we can fire up the coop. Do you still have your dikes with the worn handles?

Quote Originally Posted by A. Spruce View Post
    That's fine, but we'll have to temporarily terminate incoming power to the house and upgrade the service so we can fire up the coop. Do you still have your dikes with the worn handles?
    Wheew!!!!!!!!!!!! Just finished fried chicken and smashed idahoians with gravy............ Feeling pretty perky!

Your hens may be in dire danger my friend.

Be happy to cut the new service in hot with or with out a couple of dikes....... just not in the rain..... okay?

What if I hold the umbrella for you?

ekile1 - Feel free to jump back in here, we're just keeping your thread warm for you until you returned.