+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Engineered Granite vs. Natural

Quote Originally Posted by SoldHomes View Post
    It says calcite based stones. Only about 2 granites have that which are Absolute Black and Blue Bahia. "Granite Shield is etch-proof on granite and we back that up with a LIFETIME WARRANTY. Absolute Black and Blue Bahia can etch because they have calcite in them."

Other stones such as marble and travetine "Granite Shield will reduce the etching on your marble and travertine up to 80% and Granite shield has etch removal polishes which take about 5 minutes to remove an etch or repolish."
    I understand where you are coming from but on their web site they show wine spilled on the top and they continually say no need to wipe it up then say that etching from wine and acidc liquids aren't covered. I try very hard to be very up front with my coustomers and spell everything out for them. and I just feel like their website is a bit misleading in that area.

Again, on granite only calcite based stones is acidic liguids and alcohol not covered. They even recommend using denatured alcohol to clean granite. If you spill wine on other granite should it stain it is under warranty.

Again, on granite only calcite based stones is acidic liguids and alcohol not covered. They even recommend using denatured alcohol to clean granite. If you spill wine on other granite should it stain it is under warranty.
    what is the average coustomer going to know about the composition of stone? shoot most of the fabricators don't know

on their web site they also say that granite is very pourous. granite averages from .05 to .04 and porcelain is at .04 . so my question is, should you seal your toilet and sink also?

and those averages were taken from mia's website

sealers are one of the things that are over sold and over recommended usually by those who are either trying to make a buck selling sealers, competition who are trying to exagerate the need for sealers, or those who are simply parroting what they were told and really lack knowledge in the area

A quote from the Granite Shield website:

“My name is Karan Barber and I am the Granite Shield Distributor for this area. This product is terrific. It truly is amazing! We have Shielded several types of stone and put them to the test. We put red wine, red Kool-Aid, iodine, brake fluid, oven cleaner, lemon juice etc. on the shielded stone, left it for 24 hours and it wiped right off with a wet paper towel. Water beads on honed stone.”

Thanks,
    Karan Barber
    Granite Shield Distributor / Applicator
    Monroe, NC 28110

A quote from the Granite Shield website:

“My name is Karan Barber and I am the Granite Shield Distributor for this area. This product is terrific. It truly is amazing! We have Shielded several types of stone and put them to the test. We put red wine, red Kool-Aid, iodine, brake fluid, oven cleaner, lemon juice etc. on the shielded stone, left it for 24 hours and it wiped right off with a wet paper towel. Water beads on honed stone.”

Thanks,
    Karan Barber
    Granite Shield Distributor / Applicator
    Monroe, NC 28110
    that one of their own distributors says that the product is terrific I understand that is how she makes a living. when I hung drywall I thought it was terrific everytime I sold a job too