+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Kitchen Design

Smile Kitchen Design

I Am Looking For Some Design Ideas For My Kitchen. My Home Is A Typical Kitchen In A Bi-level Home.

Thank You,

Default Re: Kitchen Design

Quote Originally Posted by NANCY CONWAY View Post
    I Am Looking For Some Design Ideas For My Kitchen. My Home Is A Typical Kitchen In A Bi-level Home.

Thank You,
    Whats a bi-level home? Zat mean it swings both ways? LOL

Your question is a pretty open ended one...you should be much more specific.
    You can look at the kitchen in my website and I can do that for you for a price ...its bi also...I'm a vegitarian (macrobiotic) and the wife eats steak
    Hidden Content
    ॐשָׁלו

We are in the midst of a remodel in our kitchen. Here is our layout and some ideas.

We have a 15' x 24' area - approx 1/2 for kitchen space and 1/2 for table, chairs, 8' door to deck and back yard. Counter space with a double bowl sink on the 15' wall and for 10' of the 24' wall going to a peninsula. The 8' peninsula has a cooktop and periscoping downdraft fan. My wife got her long awaited double oven, french door - bottom freezer fridge.

We installed Kichler linear under cabinet lighting (5W every 8" or so) which really makes the space "POP" as the goofy design people say on all the TV shows. I will be working on the crown molding on the uppers this week, really makes them look nice. I have plenty of capacity on the kichler transformer and will probably be adding accent lighting on top of the cabinets also. Track lighting with 50W compact flourescent spots on the ceiling and drop lights over the peninsula give plenty of light.

The counter will be corian w/sink when the pattern is eventually chosen. Still have to paint as the colors are not yet chosen to match the counter which has not yet been chosen and the tile backsplash has not yet been chosen to match the counter which has not yet been chosen. Did I mention the countertop has not yet been chosen and I am getting a little impatient!!!!!

You can find here a link to a very good instruction on how to plan the remodeling of the kitchen based on house structure.

When you're aware of structural limitations then there are great sites to surf for ideas. you can do a Google image search for kitchens and see all sorts of ideas

I have a small L-Shape dine in kitchen the fridge use to be located right next to the gas stove so I moved the fridge to the very end of the counter. my main problem is now when sitting at the dinner table you see the blank side of the fridge is it common practice to place the fridge near a wall? I was considering framing a small partition wall between the fridge and the dinning room.

Is there room for a narrow pantry cabinet that would sit next to the refer.? Or a "skin" panel that matches the cabinets in the kitchen could also be used to create a niche for the refer.

I was lucky and have a walk in pantry already. my other option was building a fridge enclosure with a cabinet that might give it a more finished look.

Thanks