+ Reply to Thread

Default Grass Plugs For Lawn

Has anyone put in a lawn with these Zoysia Farms Amazoy grass plugs and what kind of a yard does it make also how long does it take to grow together for a complete lawn.

Default Re: Grass Plugs For Lawn

Quote Originally Posted by lrees View Post
    Has anyone put in a lawn with these Zoysia Farms Amazoy grass plugs and what kind of a yard does it make also how long does it take to grow together for a complete lawn.
    2-3 growing seasons for more info go to this web site and check out their links on planting, care and maintenance

http://www1.zoysiafarms.com/safety.html

Zoysia fills in very slowly compared to other grasses. Don't skimp on the plugs.

It greens up later in the season because it is a warm weather grass. When it fills in, it is supposed to be hard for weeds to penetrate because it's so thick. It's common in older neighborhoods (at least in my region) and on golf courses.

I have a zoysia yard that had been slightly neglected and that I further neglected. I used plugs to restore it, but the big improvement came from getting on a regular fertilization schedule.

The zoysia looks fabulous now -- super lush and feels like carpet under your bare feet. I bought plugs from a local lawn company, which may be cheaper than the option you're considering.

Good luck!

Zoysia and St Augustine make a beautiful lawn but they do go dormant in the winter in cold climates. It is true that they grow so thick that they will choke out weeds entirely. My previous house here in Virginia had St Augustine in the back yard and most of the front yard. The problem with either of them is that they are slow growing and you can't grow it from seed. If you can get it in the form of sod, that is the fastest way to get it established but, if you are patient, buy LOTS of plugs and fertilizer that is recommended specifically for Zoysia and St Augustine. Other fertilizers will kill it as will ice clearing salt.

Quote Originally Posted by lrees View Post
    They won't ship to Oregon or Washington. I live in Oregon and I want to try this product. Oregon has so many different types of growing conditions how do they know the plugs won't work for me?