+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Default Looking for new HVAC

Our Trane HVAC died today. It's 18 years old and been repaired 3 times. Repairs initially are $1800 with further repairs probably necessary. If we decide to REPLACE the unit, which do you feel is best? Carrier, Trane, Reem, etc....... The local dealer recommends Frigidaire.

Thank you in advance.

Default Re: Looking for new HVAC

Quote Originally Posted by bessbell View Post
    Our Trane HVAC died today. It's 18 years old and been repaired 3 times. Repairs initially are $1800 with further repairs probably necessary. If we decide to REPLACE the unit, which do you feel is best? Carrier, Trane, Reem, etc....... The local dealer recommends Frigidaire.

Thank you in advance.
    Any of those three ---- also consider Bryant which is the same as Carrier or Trane ( can't recall which ).
    "" an ounce of perception -- a pound of obscure "
    - Rush

Default Re: Looking for new HVAC

Bryant and Carrier are the same, a very very good system is the Bryant Evolution or Carrier Infinity and is something you may want to check out. Any Heat and A/C System should have Routine Maintenance of once a year on either one. Without this your going to have problems as with anything mechanical, do you have the oil changed in your car and your tires changed?? If you can get 16 years out of your A/C System your doing good. As I have said before my Trane has been cooling this house for 25 years, that is with routine maint and, there has not been one repair that I have had to do. All this said it probably won't work next summer, LOL. Good Luck!!!
    Last edited by Sten; 12-05-2009 at 12:44 PM. Reason: More Info