+ Reply to Thread

Default Quaker Windows Good Bad???

Got some questions about our Quaker windows. Is Quaker a good brand of windows? Our builder thinks so and put them in but after two winters they have been so VERY cold and condensation would appear on them when it's only 30 deg out side. The humidity in the house is usually around 40% in the winter. Any way they are so cold we put some double cell blinds on them and now they are actually freezing on the inside!! I'm fairly sure they are just plain double pain with nothing to give them a low e rating. That to me explains the cold glass but here is the kicker. The vinyl is just as cold and also freezes. So that to me tells me one of 2 things. 1. the windows are junk or 2. they were installed wrong and have little to no insullation around them. Thoughts?

One additional note. We have one window that is not Quaker because the dealer didn't have the style we wanted at the time. I don't know what brand it is but it almost never sweats even when it gets down to 10% and it's in the kitchen which I would expect more moisture while cooking and washing dishes.

Default Re: Quaker Windows Good Bad???

Has anyone ever heard of Quaker windows?

Quote Originally Posted by smoke-n-squeal View Post
    got some questions about our quaker windows. Is quaker a good brand of windows? Our builder thinks so and put them in but after two winters they have been so very cold and condensation would appear on them when it's only 30 deg out side. The humidity in the house is usually around 40% in the winter. Any way they are so cold we put some double cell blinds on them and now they are actually freezing on the inside!! I'm fairly sure they are just plain double pain with nothing to give them a low e rating. That to me explains the cold glass but here is the kicker. The vinyl is just as cold and also freezes. So that to me tells me one of 2 things. 1. The windows are junk or 2. They were installed wrong and have little to no insullation around them. Thoughts?

One additional note. We have one window that is not quaker because the dealer didn't have the style we wanted at the time. I don't know what brand it is but it almost never sweats even when it gets down to 10% and it's in the kitchen which i would expect more moisture while cooking and washing dishes.
    we just built a house and all of our windows are quaker and we have the same problem...we have condensation on every window to the point of water pooling on the baseboard. Our rh is about 50% and we keep a fan on in the bedroom. You can feel the air coming in from the outside and we had a rep come out, one window was installed wrong and the others....??? Cheap bad dont know, they are going to try and put more weather stripping in to see if that helps.

I'm interested in how your window issue was resolved. Was the rep able to make everything work right? Would you recommend Quaker?

I accept with information:its a sad day in a mans life when he exausts all possible options except for 1 last one.

Sounds like either:

A...Quaker windows are junk

B...Quaker windows are to be installed only by idiots.

That's a shame...all that $$ & they leak & freeze.
    The true Craftsman is nearly extinct,
    now it's just Made in China Hidden Content

I bought a new townhouse 8 years ago that had Quaker windows. The tabs on the screens broke the first time I tried to remove the screens. There have been numerous problems with leaking, condensation, and frost on the windows. Now the entire 48 unit townhouse development is having all of the windows replaced at the owners expense. Quaker does not stand behind their product.

I made the mistake of putting a rock through one of my Quaker windows while cutting the lawn. I have the Manchester brand, and thought all I needed to do was lift up on the window pane and get it repaired. Wrong! Seems I broke a pane on the left side which is permanently affixed to the frame. After removing the screws I thought were holding it in place, the window wouldn't come out. In desperation I called the company and was told that I would have to completely dismantle the plastic stays around the frame to get it to come out. That didn't work either. Now I have to get a glass company to come out and see if they can repair it.
    Last edited by MarkyJ; 06-03-2014 at 12:04 PM.

I bought Quaker Phoenix windows for my houses at the cost of over five hundred dollars each. I was told they were top of the line. Two years passed and I started getting the fog look between the glass. At six years the bottom wood of the inside sash was rotting away and the windows started falling apart. After their tech looked them over I was told that it wasn't a warranty issue. They are Pure Junk, Stay Clear!