+ Reply to Thread

Default Automatic Gutter Cleaning Vehicle

In January 2008 an episode of "What is it?" tool segment showed a small vehicle that rolled through a rain gutter on a roof and twirled a shaft with rubber fins; this vehicle was remotely controled. Where can I purchase one?

Default Re: Automatic Gutter Cleaning Vehicle

It's from iRobot and you can get it here http://store.irobot.com/family/index...870&cp=2174940
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

While expensive, I'm intrigued by this little gadget - also, the cost is much cheaper than the hospital bill from me falling off the side of my house.

Anybody know how well they work?

Has anyone tried this device yet? How well does it work? I'd be interested in some real world reviews by other than the manufacturer of course .

It looks like it will remove $170 from your wallet better than it will do gutters.

The video shows the thing cleaning out a 4" ogee style gutter, which are fairly "round", an apparatus like that might work fairly well. What happens when you have a 5" or 7" fascia gutter that is deeper and narrower? What happens if your gutters are even deeper than that? What happens if the leaves also include fairly large sticks and twigs?

What's the money back guarantee? Can you return it if it doesn't work as promised?

Just a few questions an inquiring mind wants to know ...

My gutters used to clog all the time with leaves and pine needles from all the trees around my house. my husband hated getting out the ladder and cleaning them. I finally installed a gutter guard so that we wouldn't have to worry about it anymore. It's called Gutterglove Gutterguard. It's has a stainless steel mesh on an aluminum frame. It looks and feels pretty heavy duty. I ordered it and installed it myself. I am so happy with the way it is performing. We don't have to clean the gutters anymore. It was well worth the investment and I would recomend it to everyone!