+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Correct outlet for existing circuits

I find it somewhat unbelievable in this day and age of the NEC that you are actually able to use the 15A GFI on a 20A circuit. Seems like they want everything bigger and stronger but they still allow a 15 amp rated plug on a 20 amp branch circuit. Nice to know we can save ourselves a little money on supplies from time to time when everything else's price is skyrocketing (ahem..copper,conduit,etc..).

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie_Fergler View Post
    I though you could also add ONE switched vanity lite. As it is allowed in Central PA, as long as it is in the same double gang box with the GFCI.
    Feel free to correct me though, its been one of those days
    Quote Originally Posted by heinselectric View Post
    I find it somewhat unbelievable in this day and age of the NEC that you are actually able to use the 15A GFI on a 20A circuit. Seems like they want everything bigger and stronger but they still allow a 15 amp rated plug on a 20 amp branch circuit. Nice to know we can save ourselves a little money on supplies from time to time when everything else's price is skyrocketing (ahem..copper,conduit,etc..).
    15 amp outlets are allowed on 20 amp general purpose branch circuits as well. Go figure.

There's two ways you can wire a bathroom one way is to have a dedicated 20 amp circuit feed the bathroom,lights, outlets, bathfan. Or you can link multiple bathrooms on a 20 amp circuit but you may only feed the outlets in each bathroom no lights or fans they can be wired to like the bedroom or any other circuit. hope this helps.