+ Reply to Thread

Default Should I move kitchen outlet?

Maybe it's just me being an anal woman, but I would really like to move the one of two grounded outlets in our kitchen. It is located within a few inches from the top of the stove (right in the middle). I really want to install a backsplash where the outlet is located and the only thing that is plugged into it right now is the stove fan. Is there any advice on moving it either to the side or moving it up into the cabinets and/or add a new grounded outlet? I love to cook and would really like to have the outlet for small appliances.

TIA,
    Fauna

Red face Re: Should I move kitchen outlet?

It sounds like it should be moved.If you plug anything into it the cord would hang over the stove.If you're installing a backsplash,you should be able to cut the drywall and figure out where the wires are coming from.You might as well add an outlet in the upper cabinet for the fan and add one to either side of the stove.Do it first and the backsplash will cover any drywall damage.I hope this helps,
    Doug

Default Re: Should I move kitchen outlet?

Sounds like a good plan .

Default Re: Should I move kitchen outlet?

An appliance cord dangling close to a stove burner is an accident waiting to happen. Sounds like a great idea to move it to a more useful location.