+ Reply to Thread

Default Children's Bathtub on/off, hot/cold water handle

We are completing a remodel and just discovered that the plumber has installed the on/off - hot/cold handle way up on the wall closer to the shower head and the diverter valve just above the tub filler. My young daughters love to bathe and, with this configuration, they will have to stand up to adjust the water temperature or turn the water on and off. The contractor tells us it's "fine" and "it works" even though we have addressed the safety issue. My elderly mother will be moving in with us when she can no longer live alone and will also be using this bathtub. Any thoughts on how I can convince the contractor that this needs to be corrected?!

Default Re: Children's Bathtub on/off, hot/cold water handle

The quickest way to convince a contractor of anything is to tell them (nicely) that you're not going to pay.

Default Re: Children's Bathtub on/off, hot/cold water handle

Did you specify a different configuration when you hired the contractor? If not your only alternative is to offer to pay to have it changed unless it is completely non standard now. With holding payment for a properly done job could get you sued.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Wink Re: Children's Bathtub on/off, hot/cold water handle

unless you specified a custom installation with the contractor who installed the hardware in question,standard roughin height for a tub faucet should be 3' from floor.