+ Reply to Thread

Question little water comes out of the faucet spout and shower head

I am remodeling a bathroom and noticed that there is little water coming out of the tub faucet spout and shower head. There is hot and cold water coming out of it but very little and nothing from the shower head. We have not used this shower/tub for the last two years. The sink works well. Can I repair myself or need a plummer? HELP PLEASE!
    Last edited by betioli; 01-21-2008 at 10:33 PM. Reason: more specific information

Default Re: little water comes out of the faucet spout and shower head

Quote Originally Posted by betioli View Post
    I am remodeling a bathroom and noticed that there is little water coming out of the tub faucet spout and shower head. There is hot and cold water coming out of it but very little and nothing from the shower head. We have not used this shower/tub for the last two years. The sink works well. Can I repair myself or need a plummer? HELP PLEASE!
    I'm sorry but I'm having a little trouble understanding what you are trying to say.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Thank you for answering Jack. I will try to be more specific. This bathroom has a bath tub and a shower above the tub. When I turn on the faucet to fill up the bath tub, a few drops to a small stream of water comes from it, and when I turn the lever to take a shower no water comes from the shower head. I can hear the water somewhere around but it does not come out. We have stripped the old tiles, the cement layer, and the sheet rock from that bathroom so the plumbing is exposed. There is no leak in the plumbing system and apparently nothing is out of the ordinary. What do you think could be wrong with it? Thanks.

With both the hot and cold not working, I would supect a blockage in the mixing tube, if it's a two knob control, or bottom of stem if it a one handle control, or a defective temp control valve.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Thank you Jack for the suggestions. betioli