+ Reply to Thread

Default Floor Drain or possible shower drain?

I am wanting to remodel my basement bathroom and add a walk-in shower and convert the old tub to a whirlpool tub. Can I use one of the existing floor drains in my basement for a shower drain?

Default Re: Floor Drain or possible shower drain?

It depends, does the floor drain hook to the sewer system , yes, or to the storm watere system, no.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Thanks, how do I find this out? The open down inside the drain runs toward the sewer stand-up pipe that comes out of the basement floor.

Quote Originally Posted by rjwhite View Post
    I am wanting to remodel my basement bathroom and add a walk-in shower and convert the old tub to a whirlpool tub. Can I use one of the existing floor drains in my basement for a shower drain?
    If you have an existing bathroom I'm guessing there is already a drain on the floor for the tiolet and the existing tub and one on a wall for a sink.
    So the toilet drain ... the tub .... the sink will stay .... you want to add a shower then you will need to add a drain in the floor for this.