+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Default New Product Introduction

Hello to all:

I have a new product that is fresh on the market that I would love some input on. While it doesn't apply much to the northern climates it does work for us in the south. It is an inline p-trap chlorinator that fits on the A/C drain line. As everyone knows this a troublesome spot for anyone running their A/C as much as we run it in the south. This line is notorious for plugging with what is known as 'cold-water" algae. This product has a 3' chlorine tablet that the drain water is forced over. It releases 6-8 PPM's of chlorine and stops the growth of this algae. The AL-G-LIMINATOR can replace the existing trap or if placed in front of the existing trap can keep it clean as well. The chlorine tablet will keep the drain from plugging for at least 1 year. The price of the unit is based on a fraction of the price a plumber would charge the homeowner for a service call. The full retail price is $69.95. This price is not itched in stone and it does not include taxes and shipping. All comments, negitive or positive, will be greatly appreciated.
    See more at WWW.AL-G-LIMINATOR.COM.
    Last edited by Olerivers; 01-20-2008 at 08:26 PM.

Default Re: New Product Introduction

Looks like it needs to be supported .
    Can you come straight out of the unit? or do you still need to be below the unit-Looks like it takes up quit abit of space.

when in the heating season after the water stops and starts to soak into the tablet -Does the tablet swell up and or flake apart and get stuck in the pipe anywhere?

I would like to see it installed on a unit on the web page.
    Who has these in stock?

Is there a special tablet that cost $20 or more?

Sorry but I'm always suspicious of people seeking free advertising.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Guilty as charged. I posted for 2 reasons. First you are right I wanted some free advertising but I also like suggestions for improvement. The suggestion for a pic of an installed unit is something that I thought of but had forgotten. It will happen. With that pic you will be able to see that the tablet will not flake up and plug the piping. It will disolve though. If we could get 20.00 for replacement tablet It would be great but to tell the truth a replacement will only cost about 2 bucks and they are on the market now for swimming pools. This unit may be too large to put on a few closet units but there will be a little brother comong out that will be using a 1" tablet so the unit will be smaller. Thanks for the time.

Olerivers

I didn't look at the website but, dropping such harsh chemicals into the soil, IMHO, isn't a good idea. Sorry. You might do well to search pool websites for the alternatives that people use to chlorine today that are more earth-friendly and try to incorporate them into what is otherwise a good idea.

Jeff