+ Reply to Thread

Question Basement Toilet (venting issue?)

I have purchased a house in the last three months. I have a washer and dryer on the main floor with a bathroom blow (basement) and above (master bath). When we due laundry bubbles will come out of the basement toilet and leave a nasty ring of lint and dirty water stains on the toilet. At times bubble over enough to soak the carpet on the floor. We also have a slight odor in the master bath. Is this a venting issue and what do I need to due to correct the problem?

Default Re: Basement Toilet (venting issue?)

Boy from your other post it sounds like you didn't have an inspection on the house before you bought it.Did you have an inspection?
    Between the plumbing and HVAC it sounds like you need a check up.
    venting may be a problem but have a plumber over .

Pillar to Post was the inspection company but never ID the electrical or the plumbling issues.

Sounds more likely that you have a clogged or partially clogged drain. If the vent were clogged or missing the usual indication would be when you flush the upstairs toilet or run the washer the water would be sucked out of the lower toilet and you would get sewer gas. It sounds more like you are filling the drain and it is backing up.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb