+ Reply to Thread

Question Quartz Counters with the Cherry Cabinets - Thoughts?

In the process of a major kitchen remodel, using temp-a-cabs from IKEA before we splurge on the big stuff in a year or two. We are tired of the granite hype and are looking for alternatives for a black mat counter for island and downers to match a maple/brazilian hardwood striped floors and acid washed stamped concrete in-lay. ANY thoughts on quartz vs. the other biggies that we are not overly excited with = granite, silestone, Cambria, concrete, marble???

Default Re: Quartz Counters with the Cherry Cabinets - Thoughts?

We are having the same dilemma in renovating our 1920's kitchen. Granite is so overdone. We have narrowed it down to soapstone--which is absolutely gorgeous--or Paperstone, an engineered solid surface made from recycled post-consumer paper. The soapstone is soft, and you can gouge it with your fingernail, but I think that only adds to the character. I like the soapstone better but will probably do the environmentally conscious thing and get the Paperstone as the soapstone is quarried. It is apparently all gone from the USA and now comes from Brazil. I don't think I want to be part of that.

Terry

We installed Cambria last year and it's beautiful! Has been very durable and easy to clean. The installation was in 3 pieces and the seams are hardly visibile.

I work with all of them and they all have their positives. it really is a matter of what a person is looking for and them weighing the pros and cons for their situation and personal taste. I myself prefer real stone. doesn't fade, will not bubble over time due to hot pots, will not date a kitchen like any man made product will do. colors that only can be found in nature.