+ Reply to Thread

Unhappy hot water radiators

Hi I have water radiators and I say an episde where they wrer installing thermostats into the radiators can I use them ? and If so would I put them where the bleeder vavles are currently?

Default Re: hot water radiators

I think you are referring to the Richard Trethewey segment where he discussed installing a thermostatic radiator valve (TRV) on a radiator or baseboard to control the heat in the room.

However, could you tell us about the radiators or baseboard you have in YOUR home, and why you want to put in a TRV.

Is there one room that's too hot or too cold; sometimes these problems can be easily solved by putting the t-stat in a different location.

Have you talked to your heating technician, or the person that services your boiler about this??

These valves are installed into the water piping supply at the radiator or baseboard, but can only be used if the piping arrangement of your rads or baseboard will not interfere with the function of the heating system.

If you have a LOOP-SERIES PIPING ARRANGEMENT, these valves can't be used.

First go down to the cellar and examine the piping arrangement you have; then consult the site below to see if you can identify the piping arrangement.

Scroll down the page and click onto "loop series piping", "diverter valve piping", etc.

Please post back; include some photos if you have them.

Last edited by JacktheShack; 01-17-2008 at 02:26 PM.