+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ants

Default Ants

How do I rid of ants in Texas Houston area

Default Re: Ants

are they inside or outside? if they are inside the ant baits work well, outside try bug spray.
    HOPE THIS IS HELPFUL!

Oklahoma City, OK

We live in NY and had carpenter [large black] ants in and around our house. The professionals came and sprayed, but that was both expensive and useless. Then I bought some ant dust made by Bonide. They say it's good for termites, too. Dusted the trails leading into the house, and dusted any ants I saw coming to and from the nest (inside the house). Within a few months, the bait wiped out the ants. Last summer- no more ants!

Last spring I was able to coordinate almost everyone in the neighborhood to treat their yards with ant killer on the same weekend. It was very successful. Fire ant mounds were hardly seen throughout the summer. We used a broadcast, grandular fire ant killer available at home improvemant centers and hardware stores. There are several brands. I'll try to do the same thing this spring. I live in south Louisiana where we have a pretty bad problem with fire ants. Good luck.

Don