+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Default Re: Wiring an outlet for a dishwasher and garbage disposal

Quote Originally Posted by A. Spruce View Post
    Ah, don't worry about it Raven, I have the same problem when people start using numbers and truncated words (texting ) when they interact on forums. Writing in general has become a lost art, and the more technology advances, the worse it seems to get.

A good reference for "net lingo" can be found at http://www.netlingo.com/ which one can find the meaning to a great number of truncated words. I know what I know from too many years in ****** forums, and still I am regularly stumped by acronyms. It doesn't help that every profession and social class has their own acronyms for things that have no meaning to the general populace.
    now you sound like you have a psych degree. (I wonder if ole sprucey is trying to figure and label us all?)

Quote Originally Posted by havanagranite View Post
    now you sound like you have a psych degree. (I wonder if ole sprucey is trying to figure and label us all?)
    I might have a degree, but I belong in a ward! Just kidding! I'm just a working stiff like the rest of you fine folks.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Yep, and some people make them up as they go.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by A. Spruce View Post
    Ah, don't worry about it Raven, I have the same problem when people start using numbers and truncated words (texting ) when they interact on forums. Writing in general has become a lost art, and the more technology advances, the worse it seems to get.

A good reference for "net lingo" can be found at http://www.netlingo.com/ which one can find the meaning to a great number of truncated words. I know what I know from too many years in ****** forums, and still I am regularly stumped by acronyms. It doesn't help that every profession and social class has their own acronyms for things that have no meaning to the general populace.
    Absolutely agree with Dr. Spruce.
    "" an ounce of perception -- a pound of obscure "
    - Rush

I was just thinking about OP and the different meanings that I have run into during my life-
    Operations Officer
    Out of Print
    Optional Procedure
    Order Processing
    Observation Point
    Operating Plan
    Operating Pressure
    Operators Panel

and I'm sure that there are more. It can sure get confusing.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb