+ Reply to Thread

Default I ripped my rotator cuff

Power washing the pool and deck.

Yep it was the old slip and fall on a wet surface.

Since it was the first time we had cleaned the pool since we moved in it was definitely a home improvement/mosquito abatement effort.

I'll just be in physical therapy for 6 months after the surgery.
    Debby in Oklahoma

Default Re: I ripped my rotator cuff

OUCH. My sympathy for your injury. I hope you heal up quickly and completely.

UPDATE:

I only frayed my rotator cuff, I did tear the cartilage in my shoulder and now have some pretty lavender sutures to hold it together and more titanium anchors to reattach it as well. My surgeon shaved a little bone and "cleaned up" meaning sc****d or filed down some frayed areas of cartilage and muscle plus he reattached a tendon. He may have moved it to ease and impingement but I don't know.

This surgery was done on Aug 8th, 2008. I'm not cleared to drive yet, I'm supposed to wear my sling for a few more days, but I can use my arm more and more without pain each day.

He put me in a continuous passive motion chair for my recovery. I've achieved my goals in the chair. I can rotate my shoulder 65 degrees with out pain and raise my arm 110 degrees, passively. I can't do all that on my own yet. I'm not supposed to for a few more weeks.

I just wanted to share that my recovery won't be taking nearly as long as first predicted.
    Debby in Oklahoma

Good to hear you're on the mend.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

debby ... glad to her you're doing well.

To a point i can appreciate some of the pain you went through.
    I have a troublesome rotator cuff though not as serious as yours it can be painful.
    For myself it's a matter of getting old.

Welcome back.
    "" an ounce of perception -- a pound of obscure "
    - Rush

A good friend of mine had that same surgery . He called that chair the " Iron Maiden " . He's been off of work for 5 weeks and will probably be off a couple more . Take you'r time , don't force things .

Thank you all for the well wishes.

I really don't need any information on this jkirk, I had a similar surgery in 2003 on the same shoulder and nursed my husband through each of his having the same treatments.

I do have to find a way to keep from falling so I won't damage it again. First part of the plan will be to stay out of the pool when it's empty and wear shoes when I'm working on the deck.

Quote Originally Posted by djohns View Post
    A good friend of mine had that same surgery . He called that chair the " Iron Maiden " . He's been off of work for 5 weeks and will probably be off a couple more . Take you'r time , don't force things .
    My husband and another friend both called it the torture chair. The friend didn't mind it once she found a way to sleep while the chair was moving her arm.

I think I agree with the Iron Maiden label. There's just not enough padding for my "delicate" frame. lol

I'm glad to be back.
    Debby in Oklahoma