+ Reply to Thread

Default looking for tool seen on show

Looking for information on the saw guide and circle saw holder that Tom Silva uses.

Default Re: looking for tool seen on show

I believe you are talking about the Festool Saw and Guide fence. They are not cheap, the combo will run you close to $600.00. I'm sure it works great and is fast but I'm sure you can get the same results with a regular straight edge and circular saw. Hope this helps you out. You can check out Festool's Website at http://www.festoolusa.com/catalog.aspx

Mike

Default Re: looking for tool seen on show

you can buy the ts55 and a guide rail and a carrying case for 440 plus tax, which for what this saw does is a steel I have been using it for several years and it works great. whats the defination of expensive? in my opionion this is a great price for a quality tool that extracts 99% of the dust when used with the festool vac.

If you do any type of cutting down plywood to managable size, and on a pretty regular basis, then invest in yourself by investing in quaility tools. the guide rail does not move when set down on on a board.

I have (2) ts55 the ts75 (2) 32" guide rails (2) 54" (1) 78" and (1) 106" and (1) 95"' rail. for about an investment of $2,400.00. they must be good!
    Last edited by kreg mcmahon; 01-23-2008 at 09:50 PM. Reason: correction