+ Reply to Thread

Default How do you clean a Jacuzzi Tub and Hot Tub?

Recently purchased a house and would like to thoroughly clean the jacuzzi tub. Does anyone know how to do this?

The house also came with a sunken-in hot tub. It hasn't been used in at least 2 years. Any tips on how to get this one up and running would help as well.

thank you,
    JMR
    jratner33@comcast.net

Default Re: How do you clean a Jacuzzi Tub and Hot Tub?

I have a first-generation jacuzzi bathtub which has a common design flaw: the water doesn't drain out of the jets when it's turned off. So if it's not used in a while, all kinds of black crud builds up in the jets and tubes.

I read in other forums to fill the tub with hot water, add some bleach and powdered automatic dishwasher detergent, and let it run for a while.

Default Re: How do you clean a Jacuzzi Tub and Hot Tub?

Ah, a reminder of how much I miss my hot tub.

Dunno about the jacuzzi.

As far as the hot tub goes I would not recommend any kind of soap but bleach you could probably get away with as long as you rinsed it really well I used a 3-M scrubby and baking soda.

Maintainig a clean, sweet smelling spa can be a little baffling at first. You might think about hitting a spa store and asking for their recommendations and products.