+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Post Whats the price for an installed water heater? Did we get taken?

Our water heater (after 15 years) quit yesterday and my husband called and had a new one put in. Its a 50 gallon 6 year warranty Bradford-White water heater. After they left he told me we payed $1970.00. $1528.00 for the water heater. Did we just get taken? That seems really high. If we did, what can we do about it now? (It was yesterday)
    Appreciate your thoughts!
    New England mom

Default Re: Whats the price for an installed water heater? Did we get taken?

Without knowing the details we'll have to guess.

I'm guessing you probably have either a natural gas or propane gas fired hot water heater and probably had a power vented model installed.... likely the TTWII model ... the NG being around $1400 and $1700 for PG.

You mentioned this replaced a 15 year old unit and it's unclear if this was a power vent one as well. If it wasn't there would be an extra amount of labor for providing the new venting for the new tank.

To say you got taken .... that depends if you did any comparison shopping ... it doesn't sound like it would be too far out of range.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by canuk; 01-12-2008 at 05:50 PM.

*** ! I priced a 40 gal. NG water heater at LOWE'S the other day . It was about $360.00 . Six year warranty .

Is the Bradford-White that much better ?

I priced a 40 gal. NG water heater at LOWE'S the other day . It was about $360.00 . Six year warranty .

I'll bet it wasn't a power vented unit.

No it wasn't , but a forced air vent shouldn't cost an extra
    $800.00 .

Yep ... I agree they shouldn't ... but they are expensive.