+ Reply to Thread

Default Backer board question.....

I have been installing tile now for a little time now. and i have a question about backer board in shower and tub areas.

In a tub area or shower pan area do you place the backerboard about a 1/4 off the flange lip or over the lip?

I have been siliconing all my seams. If i run the backer about a 1/4 above the lip what do i do with that void between the tile and lip, because sometimes you may have a 1/4 differnce from the back side of the tile and backer
    ?

Default Re: Backer board question.....

Quote Originally Posted by Naimoli74 View Post
    I have been installing tile now for a little time now. and i have a question about backer board in shower and tub areas.

In a tub area or shower pan area do you place the backerboard about a 1/4 off the flange lip or over the lip?

I have been siliconing all my seams. If i run the backer about a 1/4 above the lip what do i do with that void between the tile and lip, because sometimes you may have a 1/4 differnce from the back side of the tile and backer?

You run the backer board down over the lip but leave a gap between the bottom and the flat on the pan so water wont be wicked up behind the board.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb