I'm replacing the 1 1/4" pipe that runs from the main drain pipe in the wall to the inside of the room. This was a very thin piece of copper pipe that was actually soldered into the main drain pipe.I removed it and was wondering if there are any alternatives to replacing this old pipe besides soldering it. It looks like there is a ring that the old pipe was soldered inside of. It almost looks like a reducer. Can this be removed so as to expose the threads for install of a more typical threaded pipe? thanks, Owen