+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Default I ripped my rotator cuff

Power washing the pool and deck.

Yep it was the old slip and fall on a wet surface.

Since it was the first time we had cleaned the pool since we moved in it was definitely a home improvement/mosquito abatement effort.

I'll just be in physical therapy for 6 months after the surgery.
    Debby in Oklahoma

Default Re: I ripped my rotator cuff

OUCH. My sympathy for your injury. I hope you heal up quickly and completely.

UPDATE:

I only frayed my rotator cuff, I did tear the cartilage in my shoulder and now have some pretty lavender sutures to hold it together and more titanium anchors to reattach it as well. My surgeon shaved a little bone and "cleaned up" meaning sc****d or filed down some frayed areas of cartilage and muscle plus he reattached a tendon. He may have moved it to ease and impingement but I don't know.

This surgery was done on Aug 8th, 2008. I'm not cleared to drive yet, I'm supposed to wear my sling for a few more days, but I can use my arm more and more without pain each day.

He put me in a continuous passive motion chair for my recovery. I've achieved my goals in the chair. I can rotate my shoulder 65 degrees with out pain and raise my arm 110 degrees, passively. I can't do all that on my own yet. I'm not supposed to for a few more weeks.

I just wanted to share that my recovery won't be taking nearly as long as first predicted.
    Debby in Oklahoma

Good to hear you're on the mend.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

debby ... glad to her you're doing well.

To a point i can appreciate some of the pain you went through.
    I have a troublesome rotator cuff though not as serious as yours it can be painful.
    For myself it's a matter of getting old.

Welcome back.
    "" an ounce of perception -- a pound of obscure "
    - Rush

A good friend of mine had that same surgery . He called that chair the " Iron Maiden " . He's been off of work for 5 weeks and will probably be off a couple more . Take you'r time , don't force things .