+ Reply to Thread

Default Oh to have a "Honey Do"...

It would be great to have a "Honey Do" but since there is only me I have a "Me Do"....

I've done a lot of projects around the house that have come out successful with a little reading and a lot of guts. But this final project has me totally scared to even tackle.

About a year ago I started reading up on how to redo the grout around my tub since it has a few minor cracks in it and I would like to have it repaired before I need to have someone come in and redo the whole tub wall again. I bought all the tools and material I need to do the regrouting, but I'm a major chicken when it comes to digging out the old grout.

I also need to find out how to stop the water from draining into the basement whenever men take a shower. Yes....it only happens when men take a shower here. My son says it needs some plumbers putty put in under the plate where the water tap is located. I'm not too sure about it.

Oh what I'd give for a helpful "Honey Do"!!! LOL...but "Me Do" one of these days!!!

Pat

Default Re: Oh to have a "Honey Do"...

Don't be askeered to tackle that grout. It's not a hard project, just time consuming. Using a grout saw

carve out the old grout. Follow the directions on the package when it's time to mix and install the new grout. Have a rubber float and sponge handy. The rubber float will be used to force the grout into the cracks and scrap up the excess, the sponge will be used to clean up the remaining residue. Use 5 gallon buckets to rinse the sponge and float in and toss them outside, DO NOT dump them down the drain, nor wash residues down the drain.

As for that "mens" leak, maybe you could post a picture of your shower and possible locations that it would be leaking.

alright here is my guess, most men myself included usually when taking a shower tend to turn the water almost wide open. this would cause it to spray all the walls in the shower that might not get sprayed if a person turns the water on at a lower setting. so I would check around the top of the tub to see how well that is sealed.

is the floor getting wet, if it is you might think of changing to putting sliding shower doors on top of the edge of the tub or some of those suction cups at the end of the shower curtain to make sure that it stays fully closed

Men usually stand closer to the shower head wall than women because they don't have to worry about getting what's left of their hair wet.

If you did have a honey, he would probably get a Fien Master tool to do the tile work. http://www.fein.de/fein-multimaster/...ons/index.html
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by JLMCDANIEL View Post
    Men usually stand closer to the shower head wall than women because they don't have to worry about getting what's left of their hair wet.

If you did have a honey, he would probably get a Fien Master tool to do the tile work. http://www.fein.de/fein-multimaster/...ons/index.html
    Jack
    all I'm going to say is not all of us have that problem my family doesn't live to be very old, but they are usually planted with a full head of hair.
    Last edited by havanagranite; 01-09-2008 at 09:56 AM. Reason: spelling

someone told me to use silicone instead of grout because it's a better product and doesn't get moldy. does anyone have any experience with that? thanks, -Fishfool @ The Reef Tank