+ Reply to Thread

Default Repairing old flagstone patio

My husband and I purchased a 1955 ranch almost entirely due to the incredibly extensive flagstone patios that stretch across and down most of the sloped backyard and because we are only the third family to own the home. However, the stone is in need of repair. What is the best way to preserve and restore the beauty of the stone work without damaging what is left?
    We would like to do as much of it ourselves since the previous owners told us that to duplicate the work, that was done for about 50 cents an hour back in the 50's, would cost us more then 6 figures today! I have uploaded a few photos to give you all some idea of what we are up against.

Thanks for you always valuable assistance.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	patiofullview.jpg 
Views:	536 
Size:	38.7 KB 
ID:	511   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	patiostairs.jpg 
Views:	618 
Size:	36.7 KB 
ID:	512   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wall.jpg 
Views:	439 
Size:	41.8 KB 
ID:	513   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	101_0567.jpg 
Views:	457 
Size:	43.3 KB 
ID:	514  

Default Re: Repairing old flagstone patio

Quote Originally Posted by 50sranchgirl View Post
    My husband and I purchased a 1955 ranch almost entirely due to the incredibly extensive flagstone patios that stretch across and down most of the sloped backyard and because we are only the third family to own the home. However, the stone is in need of repair. What is the best way to preserve and restore the beauty of the stone work without damaging what is left?
    We would like to do as much of it ourselves since the previous owners told us that to duplicate the work, that was done for about 50 cents an hour back in the 50's, would cost us more then 6 figures today! I have uploaded a few photos to give you all some idea of what we are up against.

Thanks for you always valuable assistance.
    i've had a similar stones in my patio and i had it repaired for only a few hundred dollars. it doesn't cost much so don't worry about it you just need to find a good handyman like mine good luck