+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Default Fein Multimaster

My husband has seen the advertisements for the Fein Multimaster and the similar tool by Rockwell. Has anyone bought this type tool and is it really as wonderful as they make it out to be? Also if your research led you to buy one brand over the other, please include in discussion.

Default Re: Fein Multimaster

Fein is probably the top of the line, followed by Rockwell which is a clone but less expensive. Dremel also make a much lighter unit. Bosch make one also but I haven't had a chance to even try it.

One has to consider how much it will actually be used and the amount of time it will save. There is no cheap tool that sits on the shelf and never gets used. I have found that two jobs with one of these units usually pays for the unit and there are some jobs that they are almost indispensable. If you consider your time worth anything, replacing a broken tile with an oscillating tool will almost pay for its purchase.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Default Re: Fein Multimaster

As a side note I see Rockler has the Rockwell on sale and free shipping
    http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?p...campaign=V0713

Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb