+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Dripping Ceiling

bp21901 ... good call ... I was wondering the same thing about the insulation covering the top plate of the wall.

One other question.....
    As I was looking at the pictures again, what is the white material at the end of the insulation by the eaves? I couldn't figure out what that was from the pic.

Also added a couple pics of the "coffin" that sits on top of the stairs when they are closed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC08371.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	20.2 KB 
ID:	527   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC08373.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	12.9 KB 
ID:	528  
    Last edited by bp21901; 01-09-2008 at 10:15 AM.

That is actually the rear of the facia board (gutters are on the outside of it) which is Azek. When I had the new roof and chinmey put on, I wanted the trim as much as possible to be Azek, no painting and if it gets chipped, its white all the way through, great stuff.

OK, I see exactly how the box is made, pretty cool. Looks easy too, thank you!!

>Bob
    Last edited by Bobby7; 01-10-2008 at 05:15 PM. Reason: cause

You could use a barometer(found in any garden section of a store), but It may not be very accurate unless the rooms are completely airtight.

The other is look at the weather channel. What's the humidity outside? Most buildings(I'm guessing) that have a lot of "soft" building products such as drywall/ or carpet of wood probably retain a higher humidity level than metal framing etc.

Don't know though. I think it's always good to have a dehumidifier.

Get one and run it for 30 minutes. If the collection tank fills up quickly, then YOU GOTS LOTS OF WATER! heh

??????