+ Reply to Thread

Exclamation salvage radiators

Where could I sell 90 ,1902 vintage radiators that are to removed from a building that is to be remodeled.???? All are in very good condition, decorative and of various sizes. Also will have 95 ,oak doors,1/2 glass,mail slots,original hardware in excellent condition, some double doors,and toilets that flush into the wall.Is there a market for the patterned glass that is above the doors and the transoms with opening hardware ????

Default Re: salvage radiators

Bigfoot,
    I wish I knew where you were??? Yes, all of these items are worth something to someone. May I suggest sending an email with your list of items, some photos, and anything you know about the building itself, like, age, what was it used for (apartments, business, etc). Are there any cool stories associated with it? Provide some history and send that email to all of the salvage companies in your area. To get a list of salvage companies go to: www.architecturalsalvagenews.com or www.salvageweb.com, or www.oldhouses.com

One further note, radiators are probably the least desirable of your list. If no one bites on those you'll want to contact your local scrap company. I don't believe they'll pay you for them but they will scrap the metal for pennies on the dollar and they won't end up in one of our landfills. Think Green!

Thanks,
    Tab

You definitely have some items and quantities that are of interest to the salvage industry. You could contact salvagers in your area individually to see if you could arrange a sale. You could also advertise the lot in the next issue of Architectural Salvage News (full disclosure, I am the publisher) which is the trade publication for the salvage industry in the U.S. www.architecturalsalvagenews.com
    Rich Ellis
    Publisher
    Architectural Salvage News
    Hidden Content
    540-483-8991

Quote Originally Posted by bigfoot View Post
    Where could I sell 90 ,1902 vintage radiators that are to removed from a building that is to be remodeled.???? All are in very good condition, decorative and of various sizes. Also will have 95 ,oak doors,1/2 glass,mail slots,original hardware in excellent condition, some double doors,and toilets that flush into the wall.Is there a market for the patterned glass that is above the doors and the transoms with opening hardware ????
    Hi I'm interested in the 90 radiators you have could you contact me .... wexpaw@hotmail.com
    thanks Kevin