+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Default What style am I?

What style am I???

I am an interior design student and for my senior project i will be restoring this residential space and turning the first floor into a small gallery space. I'm not quite sure what style it is but I'm thinking a combination of late Queen Anne behind a Richardsonian Romanesque facade? Does anyone know?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1212.jpg 
Views:	243 
Size:	19.7 KB 
ID:	497   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1213.jpg 
Views:	275 
Size:	16.7 KB 
ID:	498  

Default Re: What style am I?

That looks like a "Victorian" (actually Edwardian) brick home ca. 1900 - 1910's (pre-WWI). In some cities all homes were required to be brick instead of frame (Denver, CO is one) and will make it look more Romanesque because it is masonry. Not any kind of "pure" style, just a custom built home that is eclectic according to the owner's desires.

Well I am not very good with styles but I am interested in learning more about architectural styles, I need this to make plans for a radical house remodel. What would you advise me to do? Start with interior or exterior remodeling? I have already bought some copper sinks, I couldn't resist the temptation.

I always prefer doing the exterior first. There's nothing worse than having the interior done then having it ruined by a leak or destroyed by having to remove window boxes or door frames.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb