I have been researching natural gas tankless hot water heaters for the last 2 months looking through reviews, chat rooms, blogs, various postings, and manufacturer’s websites. Two units seem to stand out. At the top was the Takagi Flash T-K3 followed by a very close second was the Bosch 2400E. Both units have similar performance and able to simultaneous support 2 to 3 major appliances (shower, washing machine, dishwasher) at once. The one distinct advantage I can see the Takagi unit has is a minimum turn-on flow rate of 0.5 gpm compared to a 0.8 gpm flow rate of the Bosch unit. This means you don’t have to have a significant flow rate at you bathroom or kitchen sink to maintain hot water.

So now comes the hard part. Does anyone know any tankless experienced installers in the Milford/Franklin, Massachusetts area? I have called 3 local plumbers so far and none of them will install a tankless hot water heater. The Takagi website lists installers but the closest seems to be 40 miles away and I think I would have a hard time getting one out here or would have to pay their travel.

The Bosch unit is sold by Lowes and Lowes will install what they sell. Does anyone have any experience with Lowes installers? Do they have a good reputation?