+ Reply to Thread

Thread: garage

Default garage

Ok, here goes.My husband and I moved into our 1885 Queen Anne Victorian home about 18 months ago. We have a garage, built about 20 to 30 years ago, I would love to know how to "sure" up the joists in the garage ceiling so we can make the top level floor into a functional room. Specifically for a music rehearsal room for my husband's band. I would like to do this project myself if I could. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Default Re: garage

How wide is the garage and could you post some pictures as to how the "ceiling" is framed? It depends on how the garage was constructed.

Unless the garage is taller than 15 feet I doubt you would be able or allowed to fit people up there.

I agree it would depends on the size of your garage. As much as you would like to do it by yourself gather enough information and some folks opinion that have may done so with their garage. Would be a lot easier to if pictures are distinguish here.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by stepan View Post
    I agree it would depends on the size of your garage. As much as you would like to do it by yourself gather enough information and some folks opinion that have may done so with their garage. Would be a lot easier to if pictures are distinguish here.

Thanks!
    This is such an old posting...where did you find it?