+ Reply to Thread

Default removing corian countertops

can anyone suggest a safe way to remove countertops? we plan on having the corian replaced with granite but have come across installers that do not take part in the removal of the old. Countertops appear to be held in place with silicon.
    thanks

Default Re: removing corian countertops

even when installing corian they usualy adhear them to wood strips and these are screwed from the inside of the cabinet into the top. if it is just held in by silicone then you take an old dry wall knife and slide it inbetween the two and use it to cut the caulk, if you have an old drywall knife it will work better. (older ones are worn thinner and makes for a sharper edge so it will cut easier) what type of granite are you getting?

Thanks, after checking I also see the wood strips you mention that are screwed in from underneath as well.

thanks for the advice.

as far as the granite, probably something along the lines of an Uba Tuba

right along those lines you also have butter fly and peacock **** both are similar to the uba tuba and in the same price range the only difference is the amount of green and the amount of **** in them one of the versions of butterfly also has white in it causing a larger color contrast in it, if I can be of any assistance or answer any questions just let me know

I appreciate that, thanks.